Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dear John Letter

J,

We had a great year, made a lot of wonderful memories. It was truly one of the best experiences in my life to have met you, gotten to know you (as well as I did I guess), and fallen in love together. I really did love and appreciate who you were. I am so sad that it has ended like this.

It takes two to tango... so the saying goes. I'm clear that after our discussion in the spring of this year, neither of us really re-joined the relationship. We were both holding back and neither willing to communicate about what wasn't working and what we wanted. And without communication we have no relationship - long distance or otherwise. I can see now that you never really committed to the communication part of our relationship. You've withheld, been evasive, and possibly even been lying. I'm also wondering if you've been cheating...

While I may never know what your experience of it all was, I know that my part in this deeply saddens me. I have learned some very valuable and extremely painful lessons. I became a different person than the girl you met.

I asked you if you wanted to join me and create an amazing relationship full of love and commitment, openness, honesty, health, vibrant sex, fun, connection, and romance. I am taking your silence as a "no". I am confident that I will be able to move on and find what I am looking for in this life. I wish the best for you.

I have accepted that I may never hear from you. But I do have to tell you that I am shocked to my core that you chose to end it this way. It is overwhelming to consider. The hurt is enormous. To walk away without a word, text, v-mail or e-mail is cowardly and immature.


Goodbye.
P

No comments:

Post a Comment