If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But it won't be because you didn't know what you want. :)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Telvent, Service included, is on the brink of change.
The service you worked for (and valued) before will not be the same in a year.
We don't know what's coming down the pipe. But it will be different.
Your desire to drive quality change may be what keeps you at Schneider
But yes, you have to decide if you can reconcile have the company value you more than the people do. Because Quality can be a bit thankless.
But the corporation will run more smoothly, and while there may not be a million people thanking you, there might be one VP who does, and that's a good ally.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Telvent, Service included, is on the brink of change.
The service you worked for (and valued) before will not be the same in a year.
We don't know what's coming down the pipe. But it will be different.
Your desire to drive quality change may be what keeps you at Schneider
But yes, you have to decide if you can reconcile have the company value you more than the people do. Because Quality can be a bit thankless.
But the corporation will run more smoothly, and while there may not be a million people thanking you, there might be one VP who does, and that's a good ally.
I think as we had talked about over wine, my biggest thing is not feeling part of a team, and not feeling valued. And now I'm poised to be supervising two people who think I'm an ogre. And being threatened in my chosen career path because the people who are currently rejigging this company don't believe in what I do (clearly). And still looking at 4-6 months before my workload realistically adjusts!
Well, look at the thing you just wrote.
You want to follow your heart. From what I see, and hear, you do not want to supervise right now, because then you are responsible for what everyone else does. To me, that is what irritates you the most in your current world.
It is good you know that being valued in a team is important to you. You also have to be careful that it is not just a self-esteem issue, and that it is an ego-boost to have people consistently express that they value you. That's not meant to be snotty. It is something I ask myself all the time.
To ensure that I value what I do, and that I know it is good for the company and my team...I focus on that.
You want to follow your heart. From what I see, and hear, you do not want to supervise right now, because then you are responsible for what everyone else does. To me, that is what irritates you the most in your current world.
It is good you know that being valued in a team is important to you. You also have to be careful that it is not just a self-esteem issue, and that it is an ego-boost to have people consistently express that they value you. That's not meant to be snotty. It is something I ask myself all the time.
To ensure that I value what I do, and that I know it is good for the company and my team...I focus on that.
not taken as snotty, it's a good point to consider
Women like us who want more from life and don't always know what that "more" is...we tend to then doubt ourselves, and then we look for validation elsewhere
Which is very dangerous. Because if we feel that validation is threatened, then we feel threatened, which is an incorrect conclusion.
Which is very dangerous. Because if we feel that validation is threatened, then we feel threatened, which is an incorrect conclusion.
hmmmmmmm... those are excellent points... and a very good place to start looking
No comments:
Post a Comment