Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dating Roadmap

I want marriage and a family. I want a partner... a friend. But we don't have to be glued at the hip. I want respect. I want equal effort put in to maintain the relationship. I want to trust freely. I want someone who can't keep his hands off me. I want to have an active and vigorous sex life. Someone who thinks he won the lottery by having me in his life. Someone who values me as a part of their daily life - sends me notes when they think of something. Shows me I am a part of his life - introductions to friends, family, status on FB.

So.... met someone. Now what?
  • Is he tall enough? 
  • Do his values, priorities, and interests match mine?
  • Does he want kids?
  • Is he laid back? Intelligent? Sense of humor?
  • Can he provide?
  • Listen to your gut!!! Remember the lessons learned.
 Test my choice. Behave badly and see what happens. Research some other tests...

Personal litmus test - respect, integrity and honesty are the foundations of love.

Are my partner's actions able to withstand this testing?

What does non-commitment look like? What does commitment look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment